Hey I am new to gymnastics and this board. I have been practicing the FL flat tuck for two weeks and I am wondering when I should move onto the half front lever or the straddle? Thank you!
Some info: I can hold the flat tuck FL for 30 seconds or so.
Started by Old Rizilki, August 26, 2011 · 1 Replies · 2,332 Views
Hey I am new to gymnastics and this board. I have been practicing the FL flat tuck for two weeks and I am wondering when I should move onto the half front lever or the straddle? Thank you!
Some info: I can hold the flat tuck FL for 30 seconds or so.
Old Rizilki said:Hey I am new to gymnastics and this board. I have been practicing the FL flat tuck for two weeks and I am wondering when I should move onto the half front lever or the straddle? Thank you!Some info: I can hold the flat tuck FL for 30 seconds or so.
I believe the current recommendation on this forum is to move on only after achieving a 60 second maximum hold for the tuck and flat-tuck progressions of static positions. (For straddle and more difficult positions, I think 15-20 sec maximum is what you should aim for.)