OLYMPICS AND COMPETITIONS

Started by Ian Legrow, August 26, 2011 · 1 Replies · 1,969 Views

Ian Legrow

I am not planning to compete in any way, shape or form yet. but My favorite thing to watch is people competing on the Rings. When i can buy myself a set of rings i am going to do a lot of work on them for a while. I realized today tho that gymnasts seem to perform more then one thing. I.E: Tomita does high bar, still rings, pommell horse and more. Is it really nessicary for someone like me, who wants to compete at some point, to learn how do become proficient in all those areas?

Blairbob

Not necessarily. There are specialists out there as well. However, if you were to say compete for a collegiate club, like NAIGC, you would bring more to the team if you can do more than one event.