This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110826

Started by Coach Sommer, August 26, 2011 · 6 Replies · 2,125 Views

Coach Sommer

K7DaRCQh0lY

Perform:

1x10 Cast Wall Walks

1x5 Pike Box Press HS

1x10 Straddle Box Press HS

10 minutes of HS Wall Runs

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Rest 1-2 minutes between Press HS sets.

2) If Cast Wall Walks are insufficiently challenging, you may perform PL Wall Walks instead. The key difference between these two variations is that the hands will remain behind the shoulders at all times during the descent and ascent of the PL Walks, whereas in the Cast Wall Walks the hands are directly under the shoulders.

3) Remember to adjust the height as necessary during the Box Press HS variations to ensure that the presses are sufficiently challenging.

4) If you cannot press to HS, then press to HeS.

5) If you are strong enough, replace the Box Press HS variations with Press HS from an L-sit on parallets or PBs.

6) If you exceptionally strong, perform the Press HS variations on the XR.

7) Rest 3-5 minutes

8 ) Spend 10 minutes performing HS Wall runs. Time spent resting does not count toward the 10 minute total. Strive to perform the 10 minutes of HS Wall Runs in as few sets as possible.

9) Rest as necessary, but strive to keep rest periods to an absolute minimum. Unless you are already extremely well conditioned gymnastically, this should be a very challenging workout.

10) You may increase the intensity of the HS Wall Runs by lifting a straight arm up to the hips during each step rather than merely touching the shoulder.

Rafael David

1x10 Cast Wall Walks

1x5 Pike Box Press HS

1x10 Straddle Box Press HS

5* minutes of HS Wall Runs (I gave up, was very tired ... :oops: )

2x10 Wrist Pushups

blackmonster

Did my wrist warmup routine and some shoulder stretches first.

Todays WOD consisted of:

1x10 Cast Wall Walks (15 seconds of rest at number 5, wrists weren't fully warmed up)

1x5 Pike Box Press HeS

1x10 Straddle Box Press HeS

10x 1 minute HS Wall Runs. I had to take a lot of breaks because my wrists would start to hurt. Found one minute intervals to be suitable for my current abilities.

Finished up with 3x10 Wrist Pushups. *** I can finally do real wrist PU's without using my knees!! I went for it tonight and I did it!! (Hence the extra set... I wanted to make sure that it wasnt a fluke) My wrist exercises have been working out well for me!! I'm so pumped up!!!

Thanks for the workout Coach!

Josh Schmitter
blackmonster said:
Finished up with 3x10 Wrist Pushups. *** I can finally do real wrist PU's without using my knees!! I went for it tonight and I did it!! (Hence the extra set... I wanted to make sure that it wasnt a fluke) My wrist exercises have been working out well for me!! I'm so pumped up!!!

That's awesome. I've been on knees with no pike for a while...thinking I might throw in some days/sets with elevated, full ones for an extra transition step.

Wrist Routine(minus wrist push-ups)

FSP Pre-req Warmup

-5x2 CWW(1:30 rests/felt good)

-1x5 Pike Press HeS

-1x10 Straddle Press HeS

10 min HS wall runs:

-2 x [30s on/60s off x10 + 1x10 Wrist Pushups on knees]/5min between sets

-First 4 Regular Wall Runs, All subsequent Box HeSPU runs

end.

blackmonster

Yea, check it out! I just did these wrist pushups today. Im piking my hips a little bit, but they are solid. I'll work on making my back straighter.

8XODJZp7fKg

Matthew Mossop

What sort of freak can do 10 minutes straight of HS wall runs? I can do about a half of one, lol. I mean freak in the most positive sense btw.

Anyway, are box HS wall runs a good substitution for these? I tried those out and could do about 30s without resting.

Lily Rose

Good job, blackmonster! Making videos is a great idea!