I have read through the entire book but didnt understand some of the stuff in the program design chapter.
This is what my workout is like:
------------------------------------------------------------
Mon - Strength - Press & Pull Variation
- STATIC workout
Tuesday - Strength - Press & Pull Variation
- STATIC workout
Wednesday - REST
Thursday - Strength - Press & Pull Variation
- STATIC workout
Friday - Strength - Press & Pull Variation
- STATIC workout
Saturday - STATIC workout
Sunday - REST
------------------------------------------------------------
So my Strength workout is where i do one press and pull variation. eg on Monday i do Push ups with Rows. Now my Static workout is like this:
L-Sit - 3x30
Frog Stand - 3x30
Hand Stand (against wall) - 3x60
Front Lever - 3x15
Back Lever - 3x15
I am aiming to increase my handstand to 2minutes and L-sit to 1minute. I am doing the very basic variations of each of the above. I have not got a front lever or back lever yet of course. I am far from that.
Is doing 3 sets of 30-60seconds good? I know many people do short reps like 10-15 seconds but I also read an article/forum post by coach sommer saying its good to be able to do handstands against the wall for a considerable amount of minutes and basic stuff like L-sit, you should b able to do for like a good minute.