FLEXIBILTY AND quads

Started by Ian Legrow, August 24, 2011 · 2 Replies · 2,614 Views

Ian Legrow

So, I am finally starting to understand the extreme importance of stretching and warming up joints and muscle before you do any exercise work. I am becoming very interested and, liek everything else in this sport, i know full well how long it will take to get where i want to be. I believe its called a front split when you have one leg in front and the other in back. Again, I want to make it clear, i am not looking for an easy way to do this, i know it will take time. my problem is, the reason i can't even come close is becasue of my quads. i stretch them, but i only know one way to stretch them, i bend at the knee grab my foot and pull up. Can i just keep doing that and eventually stretch my quad enough to do crazy things like the front split, or should i try different stretches. If i should try different stetches...which ones?-

Blairbob

http://drillsandskills.com/stretching/Splits

That's basically it. You an also work on anything to stretch the hip insertion (pidgeon) or It band.

Another way to stretch that quad is very similar as you said. You'll align your rear leg so that the shinbone aligns vertically on the wall. Enjoy, it hurts like hell.