East coast now has to deal with hurricanes AND earthquakes? ![]()
Yesterday afternoon was certainly interesting for me. At the time of the quake, I was stopped at a traffic light and thought I was having car trouble. My wife called about experiencing an earthquake at her building and that's when things started to click.
I arrived at my building just in time to see everyone coming outside and onto the street. After maneuvering pass all of the people in the street, I actually found a parking space. I sat there long enough to learn that we were all being sent home for the day. So I headed deeper downtown to pickup my wife and take her to her car. Despite the number of blocked streets and malfunctioning traffic lights, it didn't take too much time to meet my wife. We even managed to get home pretty quickly.
Fortunately all of my family is safe and no one was displaced due to damage from the quake. The kids, my parents, brothers and sisters, and my in-laws all spent most of the evening talking about what we were doing early yesterday afternoon.