I don't remember if Coach sommers said in the book that each of the progressions will take six weeks or six months. but one way or another, I have found the sets I need to do. I have no problem progression slowly, i just want to see if what am saying is correct. Right now one of the things i am doing is an adv. tuck back lever for 5x6s. If (in six weeks before i try and see my max again) my max has only gone up to thirteen seconds, do i do another six weeks of 5x7s. If progressing that slowly is fine, then i am fine with it, I am just making sure, that in my 12 week SSC i am getting as strong as possible without being stupid about it.
HOW LONG?
Started by Ian Legrow, August 24, 2011 · 1 Replies · 1,977 Views
You should be completing 1 min total volume. So if you are doing 6s holds you should be doing 10 sets instead 5.
IJL said:Right now one of the things i am doing is an adv. tuck back lever for 5x6s. If (in six weeks before i try and see my max again) my max has only gone up to thirteen seconds, do i do another six weeks of 5x7s.
But yes, sometimes this happens. It could mean that you have not fully gone through the steady state cycle (load, adapt, deload). This would mean that you continue doing your current rep/set scheme for another 2-3 wks and then re-test again. If still no improvement. Take some rest days from the static position and try again. And remember, sometimes the gains are very small. If they are minimal gains but gains none the less, make your new sets and start a new cycle. Just keep at it. Could also try to implement the embedded static hold progressions for SSC, they are in the book. I never did it but other people have had good success with it. Each wk you go into your hold a different way (lower from inverted hang, pull from german hang....).