Quadriceps question

Started by LIE, August 24, 2011 · 2 Replies · 4,075 Views

LIE

Coach about 2 months ago I can perform straddle L perfectly....I mean...my legs straight horizontal at the elbow level.

But today I perform straddle L for the wod, and I found that I cannot lift my leg horizontal,my leg is straight but a litle bit low.

I feel a lot contraction at my quad.....I had no problem with my hams, and lower back,since I can do pike wall RLL with straight leg.n no problem with L-sit.

And this is the same problem when I perform V-sit....My quad contracs a lot.it seems my quad lost strength.also during SLS it's rather hard to keep non working leg straight,due to hard contraction in my non working quad

What do u suggest me doing?

Blairbob

Are your quads super tight? Have you checked your hip mobility at all?

LIE

Yes my quads is tight,,

Almost every morning I do dynamic active hip stretching....following "stretching scientifically"

Also I always do hip static passive hip stretching after every wod.

My current strength and flexibility right now: front split for both leg. For side split I need 4" more to the floor. Pancake (straight lower back), full BL max hold 5s. Full FL max hold 3s.last dead lift at the bodyweight 64kg was 120kg.

But I never test my squat.....do I need to train squat regularly?