This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Newbie here :D

Started by alexander_a, August 23, 2011 · 3 Replies · 696 Views

alexander_a

Hi guys,

I started looking on this site and I'm really impressed with what a lot of you can do, so I want to be a part of this stuff, ofcourse :)

I got the GB book and I'm eager to start some gymnastic training. Right now I'm training a bit with some suspensionstraps and a little with weights too. I'm going to read a lot on the getting started board to get some tips but for now I'm trying to get some work capacity in very basic bodyweight movements.

My routine now:

5-6 days/week: bodyweight suspension strap training, using some bands too, and maybe some weighted isolation stuff.

1 day heavy lifting, that's rack pulls and push presses... going heavy as shit.

conditioning every day, hard. I've built up to this wotk volume over quite some time now and I think I'm pushing the limit a bit.

here's what I did the last few days:

22 Aug AM

-Farmers walk stair sprints 6x30 s alt. with jump rope for 30 s

- “Ab shredder†– with kettlebell 16 kg:

10 swings, slow crunches to failure

15 swings, slow crunches to failure

20…

25…20…15…10 swings and crunches, good burn in the abs here, it’s a keeper.

PM

Suspension strap training:

Supersets: 4 sets each, explosive on all push, 2 sec peak contraction on pulls

1.Pushup/facepull

2.Dip/row

3.Jump box squat/OLS

4.Chins/ankle hops

Isolation circuit: 4 times max reps

A1 Kayak rows with bands. Row to the left, middle and right = 1 rep, 2 sec contractions

A2 Fat gripz or grip4orce hammer curls, 2 sec contraction and double contraction techniques

A3 Lateral raises

2 sets of spider crawls (dave tate special exercise)

23 Aug. 11

AM:

6xfarmers walk stair sprints/jump rope 30/30, (2x16 kg kettlebells)

Abs shredder: sets of 10,15,20,25,20,15,10 16 kg Kb swings alt. with crunches

PM: BW work

1. Incline clap pushups/jump box squat, one leg 5 sets

2. BW rows 2 sec contraction/ suspension strap dips 4 sets

3. suspension strap Rear delt flyes/ pec flyes 4 sets

4. One leg glute hip thrusts/suspension strap curls 4 sets

Isolation circuit: seated with 4 kg kettlebells :

kb laterals/kb front raise/kb front raise alternating/kb clean and press/ spider crawls

one circuit, all sets to failure, was enough…

So, if you have any suggestions or comments, I'm glad to hear :)

thanks

Alexander

alexander_a

today's AM workout

-farmers walk on 12 step stair, double steps 3 set x 10 trips up and down with one leg jump rope as active rest

- thick band suspended sprints, 30s forward 30s back 30s rest x 3 sets

good stuff! I'm goint to start progressing on some gymnastic movements in my regular bw routine now, will see this afternoon how it goes!

Quick Start Test Smith

Welcome to the forum, Alexander! I'm glad you're keeping a workout log. It really helps to keep your progress/position in your attention! Otherwise you don't know where you started, you don't know where you are, and you don't really know where you're going. :D

Welcome 8)

alexander_a

Thanks Patrick! Yeah I feel that it's a good way to get some feedback on what I'm doing and as you say, to remember what I have done!

PM workout today:

Pistol focus:

Activation: One leg jump onto box: 2x8 low box and 3x3 onto medium high box

Supersets:

A1 One leg squat jumps off a medium high box 3x5

A2 Bodyweight rows 3x8-12 with 2 second contraction

B1 supported full pistols 3x5 (trying to support as little as I can)

B2 bodyweight face pulls 3x10-20 with 2 sec contraction

C1 fat bar hangs: top position pullups, top position chinup, dead hang pullup, dead hang chinup, dead hang false grip pullup 1 set each x max time

C2 pushup variations between every set

Shoulder routine: fat grip partial laterals 9,5 kg x 20, drop to 7 kg normal laterals to failure and drop to 4,5 kg to failure, full range to above head.

2 sets of spider crawls, some shoulder stretching and that's int for today!