This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110823

Started by Coach Sommer, August 23, 2011 · 7 Replies · 1,673 Views

Coach Sommer

Complete four rounds:

60 sec Jump Rope

30m Sled/Tire Sprint

60 sec Jump Rope

20m Squat Jumps

60 sec Jump Rope

10 Depth Jumps

Finish the workout with 2x60 seconds of Seated Toe Point Stretch.

notes:

1) Add sufficient weight to the sled/tire sprints to make the sprints quite challenging; the running should be very strenuous.

2) If you do not have access to a tire or sled for sprints, then possible sled/tire substitutions include: perform the sprints with a weight vest, drag a kettlebell on the ground in front of you while you are sprinting backward, have a partner pulling against you during the sprint with a long strap.

3) Move immediately from the Sled/Tire Sprints to the Squat Jumps to the Depth Jumps.

4) Squat jumps should be done down a vault runway or extended grassy area. To perform the squats jumps, squat down fully and then jump as high as possible. Land, re-squat fully and touch the hands to the ground. This constitutes one repetition. Do not pause in between the repetitions.

5) Remember to focus on jumping high, not far. Continue in this fashion until you have covered the entire 20m of Squat Jumps without rest.

7) Attempt to increase the intensity of the Squat Jumps via a weight vest if you are strong enough.

8 ) Depth Jumps - jump off an object 3’-10’ high, bending the knees but not allowing the feet to move or step upon landing. If in doubt go lower rather than higher and remember to BEND the knees upon landing!

9) You may rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

Keegan Yentsch

Coach,

From the description it sounds like there should be no break at all during the rounds as you said to "move directly from the tire/sled sprint to the squat jumps to the depth jumps". Is that correct? Also, we are supposed to jump rope between those movements though correct?

And I'm a little confused about the squat jump description. You've had us do squat jumps before where we focus on covering a distance in the fewest possible jumps but this time it seems like you want us to focus on height instead. Wouldn't it take a very many number of jumps to cover 20m if we are just focusing on jumping heigh (which might only cover a couple inches forward)? Or are we still to be doing long jumps, but just focusing on height rather than length of our jumps?

Thanks,

Keegan

Josh Schmitter
Keegan said:
Coach,From the description it sounds like there should be no break at all during the rounds...

Also, we are supposed to jump rope between those movements though correct?Keegan

AFAIK 30s or less is coach approved for rest times in between FBE. What I have been doing is the jump rope/FBE, then 30s...which is pretty much how long it takes me to get to my next station/set up at a light jog.

Keegan said:
Wouldn't it take a very many number of jumps to cover 20m if we are just focusing on jumping height

Yes. Yes it would :). That's what the focus is on this one...and that's why they rotate and you don't see it for good chunks of time. It is rough, and personally I usually just do squat jumps until I'm spent(10-15 reps) then just explosive regular stationary squats(taking a step after each about as far as a jumping one would) until the 20m

Josh Schmitter

WOD:

-4 rounds

-Rests 3min rounds, 15-30s for all else(i.e. light jog/walk from front to backyard...depending on round)

-60s Jump Rope (Avg. 150 skips)

-30m Sled Sprint(15m up slight incline, 15m down)

-20m Squat Jumps(15 full, 7-9 explosive as possible stationary squats w/ step after each)

-10 Depth Jumps off car roof

2x60s Seated Toe Point

-Also, does anyone know about the squat jumps if I should be attempting to keep a slight arch in the back(ala weighted squats) as well as keeping the feet flat after the jump and landing? I know when unweighted it's not really an issue with the arch, but I just didn't know if it's ideal to keep it along with flat feet in between(as in a stationary squat).

end.

Newguy

Would it hurt any if I did not rest any between rounds?

And also I am confused,

Coach Sommer said:
3) Move immediately from the Sled/Tire Sprints to the Squat Jumps to the Depth Jumps.
Does this mean no Jump rope?
Rafael David

Two rounds*:

60 sec Jogging (medium intensity)**

Run up the stairs over 5 floors***

60 sec Jogging (medium intensity)

20m Squat Jumps

60 sec Jogging (medium intensity)

10 Depth Jumps

Rest: 1min betwen the rounds

Finished with 2x60 seconds of Seated Toe Point Stretch

Note: I started train seriously the legs right now, so I did just 2 rounds and was very hard! :oops: My legs is shaking yet! :lol:

Nice workout again! Thanks Coach! :)

Wheelson

done as rx'd, but I didn't have access to weights for the sprint, so I tied my strongest resistance band to a pole and walked out as far as I could and ran in place trying to get farther from the pole. It was actually quite difficult!!!

Tyler Schmitz

WOD:

4 rds: rx'd rest times

60 sec jump (like jump rope but no rope)

40-50 m sprint (no sled or tire)

60 sec jump

20m squat jump (about 20 jumps)

60 sec jump

10 depth jumps (about 6 ft high)

2x60 seated toe stretch

by the time I was on 3 rd, I was going half speed on depth jumps as they took me the longest time to perform

great wod! my legs and calves are gonna be crying tomorrow!