I'm doing 8 exercises each one 2 times a week in my current workout, and one of those exercises are floor HSPU's (or HeSPU's - personally i don't like calling them like that) against the wall. I've been going at it for exactly 6 weeks, today i started week 7.
So far i have steadily progressed in each of the other exercises, meaning more reps and (i feel), better form. But the only one in which i have not progressed are these, the HSPU's. In fact i think i've even gotten worse, 1 or 2 reps less than when i started.
I don't know if 6 weeks is still a short time to expect some reasonable, or good, gains in hspu's. Is it? That's why i ask. But i don't understand this because i'm doing fine on all the others but this is the only one in which i have not progressed yet.
Should they be trained differently than other exercises? Or will it just take longer?