Windshield wipers

Started by joej, August 22, 2011 · 5 Replies · 5,251 Views

joej

I have been doing windhield wipers (Straight leg version) and I saw a video called Ninja abs. Up until this time I had been doing sets of 16, however in this video the guy did 80 without stopping. (Of course a young guy with ninja abs!) So I have been trying to increase my reps. So far I have been able to do 1 set of 50 1 set of 40 1 set of 30 and 1 set of 20. Not bad for almost 60.

Do you think this is a very effective exercise for obliques/ Not sure exactly what other muscles are involved since your hanging from pistol grip chinup bars.

Anythoughts or advice?

:roll:

Philip Chubb

The effectiveness depends on your body and how far you are in terms of strength ect. Why such high reps however?

joej

Not sure why, but when I get to 50 abs are burning pretty good so it must be doing something. On average days I try and do set of 30. I also keep my legs as straight as possible and go to each side as far as possible.

Cole Dano

At some point adding reps will have a diminishing return, you might be better off using some weight around your ankles.

ashita
Mr Brady said:
At some point adding reps will have a diminishing return, you might be better off using some weight around your ankles.

+ 1

Martin de Jesus Ponce Robaldino

more weight in your ankles= higher intensity=less reps= more strength