Ok. It's been a solid six months of INJURY-FREE TRAINING!
I'm going to do another SSC and then re-introduce straight-arm work into my FSPs. What would be the absolute lowest level of FSP work to start with, considering that every single time I've done straight-arm work in the past year, I've injured myself from overuse due to natural hyperextension at the elbow. Slizz, I've tried the planche leans, but I think the problem is that it's too hard for me to "quantify" the amount of intensity and I always end up pushing too hard, even with 60s holds.
Could I just start by holding my arms out in front of me, externally rotating them so that my arms are turned out, and then holding a 5lb. weight in my arms?
I need something that is precise, repeatable, and safe for my elbow joint. Thanks for your help, all. Gymnastics is much more fun now that I'm not in a cycle of injury and recovery.
JM