Time to bite the bullet?

Started by Erik Sjolin, August 22, 2011 · 1 Replies · 1,870 Views

Erik Sjolin

I've got a bit of an issue that's been hanging on for a long time. Lately I've mentioned my right shoulder and how it's taken away my ability to train a lot of things (ie HSPU, planche, box shoulderstands, flags...although oddly enough, I can still do dips, ring shoulderstands, handstands, and one side of the flags, but not the side I expected). It's been bothering me for a few months now, so I'm wondering if it's time for me to go into physiotherapy to try and fix it?

The problem itself feels like it could be either a bicep tendon (up by the shoulder), or something in the shoulder girdle itself. I know exactly what caused it to happen (attempted to externally rotate shoulders in handstands to the point of dislocation, then continued this for a while...could also be horrible form during presses), so...is it time? :(

Edward Smith

It was time a few months ago!