This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110819

Started by Coach Sommer, August 19, 2011 · 13 Replies · 1,967 Views

Coach Sommer

FwnbE7hHsEU

Perform the following:

3 sets of: Basic Ring Strength 3

5x15 seconds FL

5x15 sec Descending XR L-sit

5x15 seconds German Hang

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.

notes:

1) Strive to perform the MUs with an emphasis on strength; keeping the kipping minimized or preferably eliminated all together. Be especially conscientious in locking your arms and turning out the rings at the top of each repetition.

2) Choose the most challenging BL & FL variations that you are capable of holding for a solid 3 seconds.

3) Do not rest during the Ring strength series.

4) You should however rest at least 3-5 minutes between ring strength sets.

5) Complete all 3 sets of the ring strength series prior to beginning the static hold position sets.

6) Perform the static hold sets as a single giant set; perform a set of FL and then move immediately to the Descending XR L-sit and then move immediately to the German Hang.

7) The Descending XR L-sit should require 15 seconds to move from the L-sit to a straight body straight arm support.

8 ) A short rest (30-60 sec) is allowed during the static hold positions work only after a single giant set has been completed.

Sergey

I can't understand something.

If I choose the most challenging BL & FL variations that I'm capable of holding for a solid 3 seconds, how I will be hold it for 5x15 sec?

For example, my max flat tuck FL is 7s. What I should do? 5x15 of Tuck FL or 5x4 of flat tuck FL?

Nic Scheelings

Sergey, in this instance coach means choose the most challenging position that you can hold in the ring strength series.

For example if you can hold a straddle back and front lever for 3 sec you would put them in the ring strength series, then when you are doing the static holds after wards choose a variation you can hold for 15 sec for example a tuck front lever.

Sergey

Thanks, Demus :)

Billy Cook

Can anyone explain the descending L-sit in more detail from starting position to final position?

Billy Cook

Is it just dropping the legs from L to hang while in support position over a 15sec time period?

Josh Schmitter
bjcook said:
Is it just dropping the legs from L to hang while in support position over a 15sec time period?

Good question. I'm guessing it's an L-sit Support hold down through a muscle up negative to a straight body hang, but it does say to end up in a straight body "Support." Possibly just a typo, but I'm just best guessing.

Josh Schmitter

WOD:

-4 PB Dips

-1:40 rest

-5 Pull ups

-1:40 rest

-Ring Strength 1 minus MU

-4min Rest

Repeat x3

5x15s

-Tuck L-sit Hang

-XR Plank Support

-German Hang(10s full, 5s foot assist x2/last 3 full foot assist)

-1min rests

2x10 Wall Ext(303 tempo)

-Dips felt really good, should be moving to 4x4 next time. Pulls on the other hand, very tough. This could be the Dy Pull yesterday coming back around. I will probably go to 4-5x4 with pulls next time.

-German Hangs felt funky. Felt much tighter in the shoulder/chest than usual, also left elbow, but even more so, left forearm feeling a little tweaky. Backed off the last 3 sets, we'll see how it feels next time around.

end.

Coach Sommer

Straight arm support implies a straight arm hold on top of the rings.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

blackmonster

For the ring strength series I had to take the MU out since I still cant do them yet. My routine x3 went like this:

XR dip

rise from dip to XR Lsit

transition to XR Shoulder Stand w strap assist

XR Support

go down to hang and go to Inverted XR hold

transition to XR BL tucked

finish with transition to XR FL tucked and then hanging

The static holds went like this:

5x 15:

XR FL tucked ( from inverted pike )

hop up to XR Lsit and transition to XR Support over 15 seconds

XR German Hangs

Wasnt feeling very strong tonight, I think that it might have to do with being really stressed out about doing a server rebuild at work and waiting til late to work out. Despite this, I still feel better after working out. Gimme a fresh day of rest and I'll be good as new again.

Josh Schmitter
Coach Sommer said:
Straight arm support implies a straight arm hold on top of the rings. Coach Sommer

Seems I was over-thinking it. bjcook had it correct in the beginning. Thanks Coach.

Bdk1786 said:
good for you for recognizing that and stopping ahead of time. i always err on the side of caution. when something becomes asymmetrical, i stop. there is no need to "tough it out" just to hurt yourself and be set even further behind.

This site takes all the credit :).

Alex Solis

Coach,

I want to congratulate you: thanks to all the WODs, your fantastic book (I'm looking forward for the other books to come out!), and this forum yesterday (19 Aug 2011) I achieved my first muscle-up!!!

(I still have to kip quite a bit, but still I'm extremely happy!)

Thanks a lot Coach and all of you great guys here in the forum. Love you all!

-Alex S.

Phil O'malley

FSP & WU

3 sets of: Mu x2 to l-sit press to shoulderstand roll backwards to adv tuck Bl to Adv tuck FL x2

5x15 seconds FL

5x15 sec Descending XR L-sit

5x15 seconds German Hang

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.

My FL felt very weak today had to switch to tuck FL for rnds 4/5. Did some weighted chins & pulls in the morning which may have negatively affected this. Muscle ups are feeling good, slowing down with control on the way up and back through teh neg. After the workout practiced the fwd roll to MU for the first time, struggled with the movement will have a search of the forum for a few tips.

Matthew Mossop
bjcook said:
Can anyone explain the descending L-sit in more detail from starting position to final position?

Also wondering what this is... any help?