This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110818

Started by Coach Sommer, August 18, 2011 · 13 Replies · 2,008 Views

Coach Sommer

vTIfss5oF8w

Complete four rounds:

2 – Front Pulls

5 FL Rows

2 – Front Pulls

10 Circular FL Pulls

2 – Front Pulls

15’ Cirque

notes:

1) Note that for today’s GB WOD, you will be performing 2 Front Pulls in between each of the assigned FBEs.

2) Adjust the body position as necessary during the Front Pulls. It is not necessary to use the same body position for both the ascent and descent.

3) You may either scale the FL Rows as needed by adjusting the body position used or by choosing an easier row variation.

4) Be sure to pull the chin completely over the bar at the top of each Circular FL Pull rep.

5) If you do not have a rope, substitute 10-15 Towel Pull-ups for the Cirque.

6) You may rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

Troy Rodriguez

Ok I am traveling and without my rings or book...I was wondering if i had all of these right...

Front Pull = pull feet off ground forward to inverted and back down? like half a 360 pull?

Circular FL Pull = I have no idea what the "circular" is. Though the rest is Front Lever pull to chin over bar. Is the circular from left to right ant the top then reverse on next rep? :?

Sergey
taenkarth said:
Front Pull = pull feet off ground forward to inverted and back down? like half a 360 pull?

Yes, you're right.

taenkarth said:
Circular FL Pull = I have no idea what the "circular" is. Though the rest is Front Lever pull to chin over bar. Is the circular from left to right ant the top then reverse on next rep?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEjovC_vQhw

After the first minute of the video

Josh Schmitter

WOD: 4 rounds

-Rests as Rx'd

SUBS:

-Tuck FL pull negatives/5s

-5 Pull ups/4 pallet band assist

-10 Body Rows/about 130 degree body angle to floor)

-10 Towel Pull ups/foot assist

Finally feel like this is about scaled for me.

end.

Alex Solis

How much should I rest between each exercise?

Falcon

Four rounds:

2 – Front Pulls

5 FL Rows

2 – Front Pulls

6-7 Circular Pulls

2 – Front Pulls

8 Towel Pullups + 2x OAC top hold on each hand

The circular pulls kicked my ass... :)

Rafael David

Four rounds:

2 – Front Pulls (full FL)

5 FL Rows (half lay)

2 – Front Pulls (full FL)

10 Circular FL Pulls (full FL)

2 – Front Pulls (full FL)

10 Towel Pull ups

In the last round I was between this and the other world! hahaha :lol:

Tyler Schmitz

4 rds:

2 tuck front pulls

5 tuck FL rows

rest 30 sec

2 tuck front pulls

2x5 tuck circular fl pulls

rest 30 sec

2 tuck front pulls

10 rope pull ups

rest 3 min bet rds

OMG...having to start at square one in the progressions..tough wod

Alex Solis

There's no 2x10 Wall Extensions or something like that at the end of the workout?? =/

blackmonster

Tonights WOD pretty well killed my arms. I had to substitute quite a bit. I started doing a cirque on my rope, made it to about 10 ft up and my arms were screaming so I substituted XR negative pullups for the rest of them. I didnt have access to a pullup bar so i used my XR instead.

Completed four rounds of:

2x Tucked XR Front Pull Negatives

5x Tucked XR FL Rows

2x Tucked XR Front Pull Negatives

10x XR Rows w/ my back about 2 feet off of the ground

2x Tucked XR Front Pull Negatives

5x XR negative pullups ( 10 was kind of a stretch )

Even after subbing everything, I still got a great workout. I've got a ways to go until I am able to do a WOD such as this in it's entirety, but I know I'm already 1 step closer towards it after tonight.

Killer workout Coach, thanks!

blackmonster
3runMX said:
There's no 2x10 Wall Extensions or something like that at the end of the workout?? =/

You can always add them in if you want to work on them. :)

Troy Rodriguez

Thanks for clearing that up Sergey! :D Nice spot for rings too btw!

Josh Schmitter
treemantyler said:
OMG...having to start at square one in the progressions..tough wod

...O, to be at square one. I believe I'm at Oval -3.

Stephen Casey

3 rounds (sore bicep from softball game):

2 Front Pulls (1/2 layout)(would have attempted straddle if not for the narrow doorway)

5 FL Rows (Adv. tuck)

2 Front Pulls (Adv. Tuck)

4/6 Circular FL Pulls (Adv. Tuck) (Went back to regular ones as the doorway was too narrow and I didn't seem to get how to do it right in a narrow space)

2 Front Pulls (Adv. Tuck)

8 Towel Pullups

First set of Front Pulls seemed to be obviously easier after the rest between sets but that rapidly went away after the rows.