No bands for shoulder WU

Started by Rafael David, August 17, 2011 · 8 Replies · 2,601 Views

Rafael David

Hi guys, anyone know if this warmup is a good substitute for bands work?

Joshua Naterman

It's not bad but you're crazy if you don't pick up some bands.

Joshua Naterman

I will say this, as well: Supporting the arm during external rotation work, or any rotation work period, needs to be discontinued as soon as safely possible. You need to develop a stable shoulder girdle and using training devices will get in the way of achieving the highest levels of performance. They are good at first but eventually become a glass ceiling.

Rafael David

I really don't find bands to buy here, but in the moment I just have dumbbells and I was done this one:

So, I always try find another WU more effective... What you think?

Joshua Naterman

http://ironmind-store.com/Single-Bands-Cables/productinfo/1240-C/ Best deal on the internet by far. I wear mine like a necklace and work out all over town randomly.

For wrists: http://ironmind-store.com/Expand-Your-Hand-Bands153-5-Bands/productinfo/1376-P/

You just can't beat those prices, and in my opinion these bands are better than what comes from Lifeline. Didn't think I'd be saying that, and I can't say anything for longevity of the bands just yet but so far they are holding up like champs and are simply a much better deal.

LaughingTiger

Yay! Thanks to this thread, I FINALLY have found the bands I want to purchase! :D

Cole Dano

My god that's a good price!

There is no excuse for anyone in the U.S not to have some at that price! Honestly, bands aren't hard to find anyway, you can get them in department stores i've been in.

I've been using Lifeline's as well, but am beginning to believe that loops are the way to go after all. I do have an inside scoop that LL is coming out with a new improved Chest Expander, that should use loops and get rid of those annoying slip in handles.

Joshua Naterman

It would be funny (and very smart) if Hinds is farming our posts for product ideas lol!

Edward Smith

Cheap/easy/convenient way to get them.....go to a bike store and ask for some broken/discarded bike tubes.

Not as good as proper bands, and they can't be used for the same amount of stuff as bands can, but you'll probably get them for free or a few bucks.