Hi everyone,
I have been training the planche and front lever progressions for about a week now and have a tuck planche hold of about 20 seconds (max) but I think I could do more now, and a tuck front lever of around 40 seconds (max).
I randomly thought I'd try a straddle front lever and discovered I could hold one for a couple of seconds (didn't test my max) and that was the first time I have ever tried one. I was really surprised and will try to get a video at some point but preferably when I actually train straddle levers. (I refuse to move on to the next progression until I have the correct 60 seconds).
My point here is that I don't feel my planche is anywhere near as strong as my lever. Is it slightly more technically demanding or soemthing? Just wondering if anyone has had or is having a similiar experience. Maybe it's just that my pushing strength doesn't match my pulling or maybe I'm just not leaning forward enough. I'll have to experiment.
Keep training!
Rob