This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110816

Started by Coach Sommer, August 15, 2011 · 14 Replies · 2,410 Views

Coach Sommer

K7DaRCQh0lY

Perform:

1x10 Cast Wall Walks

1x5 Pike Box Press HS

1x10 Straddle Box Press HS

12 cycles of XR Strap HS

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Rest 1-2 minutes between Press HS sets.

2) If Cast Wall Walks are insufficiently challenging, you may perform PL Wall Walks instead. The key difference between these two variations is that the hands will remain behind the shoulders at all times during the descent and ascent of the PL Walks, whereas in the Cast Wall Walks the hands are directly under the shoulders.

3) Remember to adjust the height as necessary during the Box Press HS variations to ensure that the presses are sufficiently challenging.

4) If you cannot press to HS, then press to HeS.

5) If you are strong enough, replace the Box Press HS variations with Press HS from an L-sit on parallets or PBs.

6) If you exceptionally strong, perform the Press HS variations on the XR.

7) Rest 3-5 minutes after completing all of the Press HS work and then begin the XR Strap HS.

8 ) Each XR Strap HS cycle consists of 30 work followed by 45 seconds of rest. Go directly from one cycle to the next with no additional rest.

9) DO NOT come down during the 30 seconds of HS. If you do come down, that cycle does not count towards your total of 12 cycles.

10) To perform XR Strap HS drop your Xtreme Rings down to 6â€-8†from the ground. Now kick up into a handstand widely straddling your legs so that they wrap around the straps. Straighten and lock your arms as much as possible and begin timing your HS.

11) The XR Strap HS can be made much more physically demanding by placing your feet along the inside of the straps rather than wrapping your legs around the straps. The intensity can be further increased by ensuring that your elbows are completely locked and straight.

12) If XR Strap HSs are currently too demanding, perform Wall HS instead; although every effort should be made to complete the workout with XR Strap HS.

shyung

How many repeat this WOD?

I can't find it.. :(

um.... maybe.. only 1set??

Adam Bodestyne
shyung said:
How many repeat this WOD?

I can't find it.. :(

um.... maybe.. only 1set??

Just one time through. It should be reasonably challenging as it is. Well, certainly is for me :P

Kim Jongseong

qacq5sapp4Q

1x10 Cast Wall Walks

1x5 Tuck Press HS

1x6 Straddle Press HS

1x4 Straddle Box Press HS

5 cycles of XR Strap HS

7 cycles of Wall HS

Finish with 2x5 Wrist Pushups

15 secs of XR Strap HS

30 secs of Wall HS

kinda failed to scale. I used momentum to do Starddle Press HS

Doing wrist pushups still hurts ;(

Rafael David

Richard, you are strong! I saw your other videos, really impressive... :shock:

Josh Schmitter
Richard Burns said:
qacq5sapp4Q

Doing wrist pushups still hurts ;(

You make this look easy. Very inspiring pre WOD video for me :).

Also, not sure if you got my response in the last WOD with wrist push ups, but here it is x2:

It shouldn't hurt. I would accept weird or funky, but not pain :). You can either rock piked hips from the knees or, as some have done, do them on the wall, eventually(EVENTUALLY) moving down the incline angle...but again, pain=bad

Not sure if you're doing the wrist routine either, but if not, it will definitely speed along the process.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=860 -thorough explanation on 2nd page and video from blairbob about 1/2 way down the first page.

shyung

It is very hard for me...... T_T

I'm very beginner.... so.. I can't pike Box Press HS and Straddle Box Press HS...

So.. I try against wall... but it is very hard too... I'm disappointment....

Hmm..... I'm not suitable WOD..??

I lost my confidence.

Rafael David

hahaha Do not lose your confidence so fast! Just scale down to HeS! :lol:

Josh Schmitter

WOD:

5x2 CWW(1:45 rest for sets)

1x5 HeS Pike Press/2min rest

1x10 HeS Straddle Press/5 min rest

Stomach to Wall HS: Wrist about 5" away from wall

1x7 cycles 30s on/1min rest

1x10 wrist push on knees

Rest 5 min

1x5 cycles 30s on/1min rest

1x10 wrist push on knees

end.

-I must have mis-measured my wrist distance last time. I tried 4.5" and I was struggling by set 3. 5" felt just about normal so I'll have to go from there.

-Lowered CWW rest times, felt really good. Also added 1 cycle to first set of HS.

Falcon

1x10 Cast Wall Walks

1x5 HS RLL

1x10 Straddle Wall Box Press HS

12 cycles of XR Strap HS

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

The ring HS was fine. When I fully extended and locked my arms, there was some pressure on the biceps, the shoulders were working hard. Ive also learned how to put my legs inside of the straps. Fun today :) Finished with some oldschool weighted pullups/dips.

blackmonster

Just finished up! This was my first time doing XR strap HS, so Im surprised that I was able to finish the 12 cycles. They are pretty intense! :-)

10x Cast Wall Walks ( had to take a 5 second breather half way through, but these are getting easier )

5x Pike Box Press HeS

10x Straddle Box Press HeS

12x cycles of XR Strap HS

Did the 2x sets of wrist pushups to wrap it up. They didnt hurt at all tonight! I guess that means that my wrists are getting stronger :) I did 3 of them off of my knees for the first time!

Going to go jog 3-4 miles and I'll be done for the night.

Troy Rodriguez

First time doing the WOD. Decided I would start them out and see how it goes. Since I coach I usually work with the kids all night and am too tired to perform my own workout at home.

I did.

1x5 Cast Wall Walks

1 min rest

1x5 Cast Wall Walks

1 min rest

5x Pike Press from HeS freestanding with Head elevated 2 panels of a panel mat

7x Straddle Press from HeS wall. Really need to increase my flexibility in straddle as that is what's holding me back.

45 sec rest

3x Straddle Press from HeS wall.

4x 30 sec HS on wall with 45sec rest in between. This was humbling after all the other arm work preceding it.

2x10 Wrist Push-ups as RX'd

I was shot and had to coach 3 hours directly after. Next time I think I will scale a bit lower as some of these felt like maximal efforts.

I can do a straddle press HS from the floor but not 10 times. I can only do about 4 before I am tired. Also I cannot hold my HS longer than 5 secs once i get there.

Overall for my first WOD I felt confident for the first time that I could properly scale the workout finally. Unfortunately I didn't scale enough but at least I am starting them now after months and months of reading on this forum. :D

Tyler Schmitz

WOD:

2x5 Cast Wall Walks

1x5 Raised Pike Press HeS

2x5 Raised Straddle Press HeS

12 rds XR strap HS

2x10 wrist pushups

I got weaker at press handstands during my time off so starting back at Press HeS

Matthew Mossop

Is doing the box press HS against a wall ok? It seems better to me as a beginner at least because it ensures I'm keeping my hips piked because I can feel my back against the wall. Basically I just get into an HeS and lower my legs down as far as possible, then back up to the wall. Should I continue with this or try it without the wall? I had great difficulty trying that last time.

LIE

Wu

1x10 Cast Wall Walks

1x5 Pike Wall Press HS

1x10 Straddle Wall Press HS

12 cycles wall hs....33s work,45s rest

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups