Ropes for rings?

Started by Evilllamas, August 13, 2011 · 1 Replies · 10,526 Views

Evilllamas

Hi

I'm invariably strapped for cash, and before I can buy some rings, I want to be able to do the basics (Front lever, back lever, muscle up, etc)

I currently have a door frame pull up bar- I do my FL BL and OAC work on here, I can't do muscle ups though, or dips, or rows.

If I got a bit of rope, and cleverly knotted it, or even just wrapped it around my hands, while it hung from the bar,would I be able to use it for Bulgarian dips, and some muscle up work?

I know it wouldn't be ideal- but I was doing pull ups from my door, and used buckets of water for weights not so long ago, so I'll cope, if it's at all possible?!

ATM, I can just about do a very untidy muscle up on a bar, and I'm rubbish at dips.

Thanks

Cole Dano

Sure that will work. Better, if you can slip a piece of pipe or PVC over the rope to use for a handle.

Alex in Italy has a similar set up and has accomplish more than most of us.