Exercise Substitution

Started by Quick Start Test Smith, August 13, 2011 · 5 Replies · 5,363 Views

Quick Start Test Smith

What would be a good body weight substitution for lying hamstring leg curls? I think that natural leg curls would be the best, but would require immense self spotting and assistance (at least for me). What do you think?

Philip Chubb

Well there are always bridges (two foot, one foot, elevcated ect ect) though I don't see why you wouldn't want to do natural leg curls considering the carryover from them.

Quick Start Test Smith

I don't mind doing NCL's at all. I like them a lot. Just looking for other ideas. Thanks :)

learningtofly

Well. Not a substitute but I found a simple yet interesting static that seems to work core, glutes and hamstrings pretty hard if done well.

Use something soft to put your knees on. Then just strive to "stand" on them and stabilise while keeping you feet back close to you glutes (legs fully bent), preventing any tilt (hips) and without falling forward...

Simple, fun, and very effective :wink:

Philip Chubb

It is funny that you say that. I actually had a friend who could do that and then walk around. He would also attatch shoes to his knees. It was pretty funny.

I also forgot arch ups, reverse hypers, maybe an elevated stepup or shrimp? Hope that helps

learningtofly

Well. I didn't find this one during a regular training session, to be honest :lol: