Natural Leg Curl Equipment

Started by anhkun, August 10, 2011 · 8 Replies · 4,557 Views

anhkun

does anyone know any cheap ideas to do natural leg curls without buying a GHR machine and without assistance from another person? i tried tucking my feet under my couch and results in foot cramps. cheers =]

Cole Dano

NLC will often result in foot cramps or calf cramps.

There are many ways to do them without a personal attendant or expensive equipment.

Some forum members use there car! I use a book shelf that is offset from the floor (and with a couple of extra screws for reinforcement)

Its also possible to mount a dowel to a scrap of plywood for a dedicated device.

Philip Chubb

I prefer to do them by my toes. The foot cramps eventually pass and then your feet will have a nice strength effect during the exercise too.

Sam Rea

Here's what I do:

Take an XR strap and wrap it around the kitchen table, leaving just enough slack to slide my feet under. So I'm lying face-down on the table with my ankles secured. I pad my knees with a cushion.

This setup can also be easily adapted for GHR's and archups if you position your legs so that your torso hangs off the edge of the table.

Rick Waters

I use my door-frame pull up bar. I used the second set of mounting cup and put them at the bottom of the door frame. I also bought a pool noodle and cut it to fit over the bar for a little comfort.

Freeflyer

I made this video a while back. Seems it can be helpful again. I also sometimes use the gate on my fence and wedge my toes between it and the driveway. I do suggest some sorta padding for your knees. This should do you until you are strong enough to be able to do full GHR's, which you might need something a little more complicated for

uXjeWYMfjTQ

Timy7

nick awesome video man thank you!

where did you get that pad it's awesome

Freeflyer

The pad is an AbMat made to make situps more difficult. I rarely ever use it since I rarely ever do situps, but I it use it all the time for my leg prehab work, headstands and HeSPUs (so I don't smash my head on the concrete).

Glad the video helped some. Maybe I should redo it since I am better at those things now, lol.

anhkun

ive resorted to loading weights onto my barbell so it wont move and wrapping a towel around it and one on the floor for cushioning. just slide feet under barbell