FRONT LEVER PULLS

Started by Ian Legrow, August 9, 2011 · 6 Replies · 2,998 Views

Ian Legrow

HELLO! I really enjoy doing front lever pulls. I just read coaches essay about it and i noticed he did not put anywhere in there that you can do in in any position except teh front lever. I am not capable of a front lever but i can hold and adv tuck front lever for 15s. Can I do the front lever pulls in the adv. tuck position? It was asked on the essay but nobody ever answered. Thanks!

Philip Chubb

Yes. There isn't a police force that will come an arrest you for it. Unlike planking...there should be a police force for that... But that is how I eventually got to being able to pull to a front lever. You can also pull up in an easier position, switch to a harder one, and lower down.

Aaron Griffin

This is in the book. You should buy it

LaughingTiger
phrak said:
This is in the book. You should buy it

He has the book and still has a question.

These type of answers may have good intentions, but really are not helpful.

I haven't read all of Coach Sommer's messages on the board, but I don't believe I will ever find a message that states you have to buy his book or rings before he's willing to answer a question.

He didn't need to start the site just to sell his book.

Edit: I'm not trying to be a jerk. If this comes across in a bad way, I apologize.

Aaron Griffin
LaughingTiger said:
phrak said:
This is in the book. You should buy it

He has the book and still has a question.

No. If he has the book, he certainly didn't read it. In the section on Row Variations in the Upper Body Pulling chapter, it includes "Front Lever Rows - tuck", "Front Lever Rows - flat tuck", "Front Lever Rows - straddle", "Front Lever Rows - half", and "Front Lever Rows"

Ian Legrow

Yeah your right, i guess i just spaced it. Its my first time reading the essay. ive read the book through 5 or six times since it was given to me by a very considerate person, i will usally finish it, then start back at the begining the second i read the last word. I think the only frustrating thing i find about the book is the fact that i can see all these cool exersices and i know i have to be patient.

So in essence, i have read the book, it was a silly question and i apologize, but i have read the book and very much enjoy it. thank you too all who offered advice :)

Seiji

To be honest I've read the book twice (and skimmed it many more times) and I still forget stuff that's in there, even the movements with pictures.