Pain from planche

Started by Tefached, August 6, 2011 · 3 Replies · 2,124 Views

Tefached

Recently moved onto flat tuck planche from tuck, and the additional leaning forward has caused pain on my ( I think it's called ) proximal phalanges. Escpecially on my left hand, mostly the middle finger. Even the pushup position and normal tuck planche feels uncomfortable now. Personally have no wrist problems at all so far..

Anyone else experienced this? I do planches with my fingers pointing forward btw.

Reveridian

...No I'm sorry I do my planches with fingers facing forwards and I have never had that problem.

Is this something that has happened once or is reoccurring? If it has only happened once then you might have just gotten your finger into a bad position and "tweaked" it or something. If it's reoccurring then you might need slizz or someone to help.

Good luck,

Reveridian

Tarun Suri

I think there were like 4-5 similar threads in the past month. A couple are still active. Use the search function and I think you should find some answers. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to say much besides rest and SMR your forearms.

Joshua Naterman

Find palmaris longus (if you have it, only 10% of the population does) and the two flexor digitorum muscles. SMR or ART or Graston/Gua Sha the crap out of them! You can do all 3, which I highly recommend.

After that, do Gua Sha/Graston style work on the hand itself. There are a few layers of smaller muscles in the fingers and hands, and you will want to work on those as well.

That will fix you up quickly. Don't put any additional volume on until this has been completely gone for about a month, maybe 2 months.