oac (one arm chinup)

Started by gymnasticfev, August 5, 2011 · 3 Replies · 1,962 Views

gymnasticfev

Okey, so I started training oac. I could immediatly do the negatives

and I also found this rope tecnique for traing oac's

So you can put weights on the rope and blabla...

but I dont need the weights

I take the rope making a 90 degree angle by my elbow.

and then I hang and "do the oac"

I do take the rope as low as possible I posibally can on that angle. ( I could also do this on the rope with only two fingers supporting)

I am wondering how close am I to the skill( I really like % so please rate it by that as to where I am in the skill)

SO there is for no weight tied to the rope and I do it on that angle mentioned.

Thhis information might be helpful

I am 186 cm tall

weigh 83 kg

and I am 17 years old

Please tell me the weeks you think I would probally have to train them and the % Of where I am to complete the skill.

Okey thanks for all the words of wisdom.

I am traing for it on a pulup ba r using a rope. ( Becuase It seems like my post may have a "doublemeaning")

Okey so that not how things work.

Then how should I be able to write goals for myself.

I really really like writing goals down.

and writing down "perform a oac" is not a goal no matter who says it is.

Niels Joergensen

To be honest it's nearly impossible to give a correct estimate of how close you are without a video. :( (post one)

secondly. You need to "like" training the skill and enjoy the process rather than thinking about the end result. Don't think about " when will I get the skill". Because it's not going to happen over night and you might end up loosing your motivation to train because it takes a long time with a lot of work.

good luck!

Seiji

Plus an OAC on a rope isn't the same as an OAC on a bar, so that might get confusing.

AlexX

Sorry but that's just not how things works. You can be extremely close to the skill and get stuck for months where as someone else might progress from no OAC training to a full OAC in as little at 4-5 months. Keep training the skill and measure progress don't worry about how long it's going to take you to get it.