Elbow Pain from Support?

Started by Seiji, August 4, 2011 · 1 Replies · 2,295 Views

Seiji

I think I'm doing the ring support wrong, in all honesty, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

When I do the support, my arms are slightly in front of me and a little out, rings turned out of course. I get this pain on the inside of my elbow where I think I'm putting valgus stress on it. My guess is that my arms shouldn't be out to the side, but I can't figure out how to do the support without the rings trying to move away from my body.

Joshua Naterman

Don't turn the rings out so much yet, your elbows clearly aren't ready. You probably also need to work on triceps strength some, they do help support the elbow. Anconeus may also be an issue. Google search to figure out exactly what to do for that.