I have some deadlifting questions. I will "arrange them in numerical order so as to ensure the ease with which you perceive said questions". lol
1) Single Leg Stiff Legged Deadlift vs. Double Legged Stiff Legged Deadlift
I want to eventually deadlift 300+ lbs. I currently deadlift around 200 lbs. Since literally everything I do in Karate and Tennis is based off of one leg, I've been strongly considering switching to a single leg stiff legged deadlift variation (or at least alternating between it and the standard variation every week); single leg because it feels more relevant to my actual athletic activities and stiff legged because I've read that it's also very applicable to athletic movements.
How would you suggest I go about doing this?
2) 10x3, 5x5, 6x3, 7x4... WHAT?
If I'm doing a SLSLDL (single leg stiff legged deadlift), what kind of rep scheme would be applicable? I've been reading on Strong Lifts that 5x5 is really a great mix of strength and size training and is very successful for increasing a beginner deadlifter's 1RM into the 300-400+ range. Maybe I should alternate between 10x3 and 5x5 every week?
3) How does a SLSLDL rep/set scheme work? If you've got a 5x5 scheme with 3 minutes between sets, do you do 5 reps with one leg and then 5 reps with the other followed by the 3 minute rest?
Thanks very much.