Pairing Pull w. Dip and Curl w. HeSPU?

Started by Falcon, July 31, 2011 · 5 Replies · 3,019 Views

Falcon

Okay, long story short.

My Pulls are strong, my HeSPU are crappy, they've always been. (I'm doing Pulls and HeSPUs in one workout)

My Dips are fairly strong, my curls are crappy (paired dips w. curls)

It feels like I'm giving all the energy in just one exercise, that being dips and pullups, and I'm simply not strong enough in the rest.

Would pairing exercises in which I'm weak (HeSPU and Curls) made me those?

Tips appreciated :)

CalisthenicGod

I personally would leave your routine as it is, and I am assuming you are doing a routine similar to Killroy70's. I would recommend you do the exercise you are weakest at first since you would have the most energy for that, and do your strongest ones last when cumulative fatigue slowly sets in. Let me know how that works out for you.

Falcon

I've already tried that, believe me, it won't work.

CalisthenicGod
Falcon said:
I've already tried that, believe me, it won't work.

Hmm, maybe do some more handstand work (holding freestanding handstands, wall handstands, etc) and perhaps take a step back and work on pike presses may help. Or it could be the other way around and you might not be resting enough. For curls, I can't give you advice on that since I don't do them myself.

Blairbob

what are you doing right now, currently?

Falcon

Pulling/HeSPU:

4 rounds of:

A1 – 1-3 HeSPU (strenght is really fluctuating)

A2 – 3 Pull-up +10kg

B1 – 4 Wide Pull-up

B2 – 1-3 HeSPU

C1 – 2x OAC iso. Hold 5s.

C2 – Shoulderstand iso. Hold 10s.

Dipping/Curl:

4 rounds of:

A1 - 2 PB dips + 18kg

A2 - 4 Curl tuck

B1 - 5 Korean Dips

B2 - 4 Reverse negative MU

C1 - 5 Bulgarian Dips

C2 - 3 Biceps curl 18kg (sometimes just negatives, again fluctuating strenght)

There was time when I was able to do up to 10 HeSPU when fresh, one time even, I was able to do something like 10x4 HeSPU in a workout.