This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110729

Started by Coach Sommer, July 29, 2011 · 13 Replies · 2,344 Views

Coach Sommer

Perform the following:

3 sets of: 1-3 MU, 1-3 XR L-sit press shoulder stand, 1-3 XR HSPU, 1-3 Tick Tocks

5x15 seconds FL

5x15 seconds PL Lean

5x15 seconds German Hang

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.

notes:

1) Perform from 1-3 repetitions on each of the exercises in the ring strength series depending on how many repetitions your current strength level will allow you to perform correctly. Each of the exercises may have a different number of repetitions as necessary; e.g. 3 MU & 1 XR L-sit press shoulder stand etc.

2) Choose the most challenging BL & FL variation that you are capable of using for the Tick Tocks.

3) Perform the most difficult MU variation that you are capable of performing without kipping or swinging.

4) Progressions for developing the XR shoulder stand are found in the Basic Rings Strength 3 essay.

5) Do not rest during the Ring strength series.

6) You should however rest at least 3-5 minutes between ring strength sets. Complete all 3 sets of the ring strength series prior to beginning the static hold position sets.

7) Perform the static hold sets as a single giant set; perform a set of FL and then move immediately to the PL Lean and then move immediately to the German Hang.

8 ) To perform PL Leans assume a pushup position with the XR adjusted to just off of the floor. Now keeping the elbows locked and the body completely straight, lean as far forward as possible into a correct PL position. Your feet will remain on the ground for the entire repetition.

9) A short rest (30-60 sec) is allowed during the static hold positions work only after a single giant set has been completed.

Josh Schmitter

Wrist Routine

Ido Scap/Shoulder Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD:Rests-5min for Rings, 1min for statics

3x - 3 Dips, 4 Pulls, Ring Series 1(-muscle up, 3s holds) / 5min rest between sets(Lower Leg/Ankle Prehab)

2x - 3 Dips, 4 Pulls 1:40 rest between each FBE

5x15

-Tuck L sit Hang

-PL Lean on Floor(Fingers forward/Heels on wall-53in to fingertips)

-German(12s free, 3 foot assist)

2x10 Wall Ext. (303 tempo)

end.

Rafael David

3 sets of: 3 MU (strict form on bar), 3 L-sit press shoulder stand (PB), 3 HSPU (stomach on wall), 3 Tick Tocks (PB)

5x15 seconds FL (half lay)

5x15 seconds PL (tuck)

5x15 seconds BL (half lay)

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions

Thanks Sir! :)

Mark Wyly

The combination this week has been a good push for my shoulders and pressing movements... Definetly noticed the effect on my ring series :) Loved the finish off of the week with a ring series and I'm looking forward to some rest this weekend.

I noticed in the video that I made that I should have raised my rings to allow my arms to fully extend in the hang position.

I need to also remember to think about form more then I give it attention now. But it takes me making videos to really notice that. :) On that note...i need to work on breathing techniques when doing ring series haha

Have a great weekend everyone.

2E8rchrbKZ0

Wheelson

Markmark one thing I noticed is you should really try to turn your rings out on/after the ascent of the muscle ups, presses, and when you're in support in general! It makes everything more taxing, and far harder on your bicep tendons; therefore, more beneficial!

Mark Wyly

@Wheelson Thanks for that you are totally right about that detail and somehow, even though i know it in my head, it doesn't appear in my movmenets haha... I didn't even notice it watching the vid. :)

p.s. but there is no way i'm doing all that over today haha, next time i hope to have that included :)

Wheelson

there's plenty I forget too that's why videos are such a powerful tool for self critique and to help improve your form and other's form as well! Although you're stronger than I am I'll be following your video with my own later today

edit: thar she blows!

sG1fjyZgi8E

This is my third consecutive day of WOD's in a row, and the other two were definitely tough on my shoulders and triceps; easily visible by my lackluster press outs from shoulderstands.

BUT I'm finally caught up in wod's!!! that was my summer goal =)

Mark Wyly

@bdk1786. Hey thnx man can u clarify when u say watch the lat squeeze on the BL? that's some good advice to not pike at all out of the front lever and to straddle my legs instead. Simple but I didn't think of it. :) any suggestions to bring the hspu xr into one plane?

John Sapinoso

iCH0w7BYJVg

LIE

Hey guys how do you attach video in this forum?

What is the movie format? In mp4 ?

Do I need to apply YouTube account 1st?

Thank you for your sharing

Michael Traynor

Good work guys, Ts00: you're wide grip MUs are getting obscenely good.

To attach videos:

1. Get Youtube account.

2. Upload your video to Youtube.

3. Copy the link from the video and paste it into your message like this "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ"

4. Delete everything in the link except for the code after "v=" e.g. for the above link you would only have: dQw4w9WgXcQ

5. Highlight that string of letters and press the "YouTube" button above the post window. The result will look like this without the periods inserted. [YouTube.]dQw4w9WgXcQ

6. Hit the "Submit" Button.

7. Rejoice! You have embedded a video in your post!

LIE

Nice sharing Breaks

Thank you

Matthew Mossop

I'm completely new to all this and can't do much on rings, and definitely not a handstand. What would be a good substitute for XR L-sit press shoulder stand?

EDIT: Nvm... this is what I did... any suggestions are welcome.

1-3 jumping MU

XR L-sit to just basically leaning as far forward possible on the rings... I wasn't able to go vertical

1-3 wall HSPU

1-3 Tick Tocks

LIE

Wu

3set of

2MU,1SS, 2tick tock (trying from ss to push to XR HS but still not enough strength)

5set

15s adv tuck FL

15s PL lean

15s German hang

2x10 wall ext

FSP 3x10 freestanding HS

Shoulder n wrist mobility n stretching