Help here please!

Started by Rafael David, July 29, 2011 · 5 Replies · 4,509 Views

Rafael David

Guys, I was training one armed elbow lever and I clenched my rib, I think a went up in the other, what do I do? :cry:

Larry Roseman
Mikael said:
and I clenched my rib,,

???

Mikael said:
I think a went up in the other, what do I do? :cry:

???

Cole Dano

Go to the doctor, we can't fix broken ribs online!

Thankfully rib injuries are more painful than anything, but still its wise to have someone look at it just in case. Most likely not serious, but seriously, we can't diagnose that kind of thing from a panicked internet post.

Rafael David
Jeff @ CFST said:
Do the same to the other side then take a de-load week.

...

Mr Brady said:
Go to the doctor, we can't fix broken ribs online!

Thankfully rib injuries are more painful than anything, but still its wise to have someone look at it just in case. Most likely not serious, but seriously, we can't diagnose that kind of thing from a panicked internet post.

I not broken the rib, I think "clenched" wasn't the right word. Let me see if I can explain better: I was training and when I was on the one armed elbow lever position I felt a small snap (crack?) in the rib cage. That hurt almost nothing and a little annoyed, but I kept training normally. This continued to bother after a workout but is now better, it seems that rolling over in bed during sleep I put the ribs in place. :roll:

Cole Dano

Then there isn't much to worry about. Be careful with it for a little while. My unprofessional guess is it was some cartilage creaking, but if it was weakened it will need a bit of time to be back to 100%.

Rafael David
Mr Brady said:
Then there isn't much to worry about. Be careful with it for a little while. My unprofessional guess is it was some cartilage creaking, but if it was weakened it will need a bit of time to be back to 100%.

Yes! A cartilage creaking, for sure is that! :lol:

Thanks buddy!