Any Sugar (unhealthy) better than No Sugar? Post Workout

Started by chingyvang, July 28, 2011 · 3 Replies · 2,616 Views

chingyvang

Now I know sugar during and post workout is important to replenish glycogen stores. But what If the only sugar available is junk sugar.....Is it better than not having any sugar at all?

I was working out super hard today and right after my workout, I opened the fridge and there was nothing sugary. No fruits, veggies, juice, raisins, etc. Then I remembered that we were making smores yesterday so I opened the cupboard and quickly chomped down a marshmallow. So is any sugar better than no sugar post/during workout?

Joshua Naterman

Shouldn't be a huge issue as long as there aren't any trans fats or hydrogenated crap. Just keep the numbers in line and you should be fine.

chingyvang
slizzardman said:
Shouldn't be a huge issue as long as there aren't any trans fats or hydrogenated crap. Just keep the numbers in line and you should be fine.

^ thanks alot

Joshua Naterman

No problem. Keep in mind it isn't ideal to have crap sugar, but if it's what you got make the best of it and enjoy!