Wide arm planche!?!?!?!?!

Started by Timy7, July 28, 2011 · 4 Replies · 4,935 Views

Timy7

So I have been playing with these a lot lately. I can hold a pretty descent straddle planche for about 3 seconds then my shoulders get sore. Didnt think I was even capable of a straddle wide arm planche, but gave it a whirl and I could hole it for almost 15seconds. When I came down no ache, no pain? And we are talking atleast double shoulder width planche, flat straddle, etc.

Anyone wager a guess why they are easier for me? I am not a mutant, I have been playing with maltese lately but I am MONTHS away from even a flat tuck maltese.

Thanks for any help

Joshua Naterman

The angle of force is pressing the joints into each other creating support, similar to how you can make an unsupported arch of correctly shaped stones and it will stay up until you knock it down. I suspect that this is happening to a certain extent, and this effect is reducing the forces exerted on your ligaments, muscles, and tendons. Beyond that, I don't know!

Yaad Mohammad
Timy7 said:
So I have been playing with these a lot lately. I can hold a pretty descent straddle planche for about 3 seconds then my shoulders get sore. Didnt think I was even capable of a straddle wide arm planche, but gave it a whirl and I could hole it for almost 15seconds. When I came down no ache, no pain? And we are talking atleast double shoulder width planche, flat straddle, etc.

Anyone wager a guess why they are easier for me? I am not a mutant, I have been playing with maltese lately but I am MONTHS away from even a flat tuck maltese.

Thanks for any help

This makes no sense to me, you can hold a descent straddle planche for 3 seconds. But you can hold a maltese straddle planche for 15 seconds. We need a video or picture, seriously, this is amazing.

Timy7

Not a maltese, just a VERY wide armed planche.

Ill get a pic/video up in the next day or two

AlexX
Rago said:
Timy7 said:
So I have been playing with these a lot lately. I can hold a pretty descent straddle planche for about 3 seconds then my shoulders get sore. Didnt think I was even capable of a straddle wide arm planche, but gave it a whirl and I could hole it for almost 15seconds. When I came down no ache, no pain? And we are talking atleast double shoulder width planche, flat straddle, etc.

Anyone wager a guess why they are easier for me? I am not a mutant, I have been playing with maltese lately but I am MONTHS away from even a flat tuck maltese.

Thanks for any help

This makes no sense to me, you can hold a descent straddle planche for 3 seconds. But you can hold a maltese straddle planche for 15 seconds. We need a video or picture, seriously, this is amazing.

Wide arms isn't what makes a maltese a maltese it's the arms at hip level, width has nothing to do with it.