Ah, alright. Thanks for the help Pat.
The Complete Warm Up Thread
Started by Quick Start Test Smith, July 25, 2011 · 36 Replies · 46,573 Views
I have a idea for Trunk/Back routine and I incorporated that to my WU and is working great, just do one set of each exercice (B1, B2 and B3): http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_i ... 8948288093
What you think?
? :|
Sorry, Mikael! I missed your post!
That looks very good. If you like, I will add that to the first post.
No problem haha ![]()
I think is a good one for prehab, but will be good if Slizz or the Coach say what they think about it... :wink:
As a true beginner doing the pre-fsp static exercises, is it best to use the SSC for 8-12 weeks? In other words, if my current max hold for all of the exercises is 30 seconds, do I just stick w/ 15sx4 for each for 8-12 weeks? Or should I just try to build up from 15sx4 to 60sx3 as fast as possible, while maintaining "perfect" form? Thanks!
You'll probably be best off running SSC for 4 weeks. You can always add a few extra seconds when you feel like what you are doing is just too easy as well, either method will work as long as you are keeping perfect form.
Here my videos showing the prerequisites.
I hope this will help beginners !
Great video, Kris! That's really helpful.
Hey Patrick, have you deliberately left the wrist warmup portion of this thread empty except for the title? There is a lot of great wrist- information on the forums, but it's scattered across several threads (luckily 2 of them are sticked, but each still has 3-pages of posts), and your warmup page here would be a great place to consolidate the knowledge (especially since the wrist routine should be performed daily).
Might I suggest something like:
Coach Sommers has a wrist series that he performs daily with his athletes, a representation of which is here:. Note that the athletes in this video are inexperienced, and their pushup technique should not be relied upon as reference. Instead useas a guide to wrist-pushups, andas a guide to dorsal pushups. That video also shows wrist-, first-knuckle-, and fingertip- pushups, but the first-knuckle-pushups it shows do not conform to Coach's writeup. Coach's written description of these pushup variations can be found here: http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewto ... t=15#p4433 and viewtopic.php?f=17&t=61#p270.
I would also personally like some further information. In one post (viewtopic.php?f=17&t=61&start=15#p4474) Coach writes "Begin with Dorsal Pushups, then Wrist Pushups, then First Knuckle, then Finger Pushups and finally Fingertip Hopping." Does that mean "during the wrist-series warmup, perform a set of dorsal pushups, then wrist, then first-knuckle, then finger in sequence?" It could also mean "first master dorsal pushups, then begin work on wrist-pushups, when they're mastered work on first-knuckle-pushups" etc. I think the first interpretation is the correct one but the video only shows the athletes doing wrist and first-knuckle pushups.
Thanks!
Hi wamarler,
No. I just got really super busy after making this thread and forgot about it. I will add more stuff eventually, but after the second edition of BtGB comes out, it hopefully won't be necessary.
Patrick Smith said:...after the second edition of BtGB comes out, it hopefully won't be necessary.
Yes, let's hope! Of course, we've been on the edges of our seats for a while now ;-).