Video of movements requests?

Started by Blairbob, July 25, 2011 · 12 Replies · 2,728 Views

Blairbob

Hey all. I'm willing to shoot any movements from the GB WOD that there is no available video for via the youtube channel and DVD series.

However, I'm gonna state that there are probably some movements that I am not capable of. Perhaps I'll get someone from the club or team.

Thoughts? I will not be providing material from the seminars. Not at least publically.

Cole Dano

There is one from the seminar i'd like to see, Dorsal Rolls. Actually there is a similar movement Coach showed in the first seminar i attended, done on stall bars out of a back bend, i'd also love to see.

Delete this once you read it Bob, i didn't want to clog your PM box....

Quick Start Test Smith

This is a very good idea, Blairbob!

Uzeeh

That sounds great! I still haven't got the faintest clue at the proper technique and execution of many exercises, so this will help a lot. Are you planning on making a DVD of them or will it be free to watch?

Blairbob

No. I haven't the time or inclination. Just purchase the GB video series or watch what is available on the GymnasticBodies youtube site.

Dorsal roll? Do you mean dorsal pushups? I can do those.

Describe the movement on stall bars more explicitly. I'm having a hard time trying to grasp what you're talking about but I'll look through my notes.

Cole Dano

Dorsal roll is basically a hanging dislocation with a dorsal grip. (Thanks Razz)

For some reason i can't get my head around it.

There is a similar movement on the stall bars going into and out of a backbend with a dorsal grip. This is pretty new to me at the time so i just don't recall it 100%.

edit: I played around with the dorsal roll today, and it made sense. I'm a little dyslexic it was the dorsal part that messed me up, it actually pretty simple. Still wouldn't mind a video it seemed to stump a lot of folks in the seminar as well.

Cole Dano

You know Bob i yesterday i realized i can't recall seeing any GOOD videos of hollow and arch holds and rocks. This might be worthwhile.

Aaron Griffin

I'd love to see a Chest Roll to Headstand. That one confuses me

Cole Dano

I don't know how i missed Carl's. It will do the job for sure.

Aaron Griffin
Blairbob said:
Tsoonami shows chest roll to HS well.

Rfo9uUb8ncs

Yeah, that's to a HS though. I understand that one, conceptually (can't do it, however). It's the roll to an HeS that I find confounding - I don't understand really now to not roll over your face, without pushing up into a bent arm HS and then lowering to the top of the head... which doesn't seem like the intent of a "chest roll to HeS"

Blairbob

You can lever up to headstand by placing the front of your forehead on the floor as you kick your heels.

I'll shoot it tonight never the less.

*edit* There is video of ChestRolltoHeS in the GB DVD's.

Reece Nugent

I have a few..

a Proper PL lean,

Bridge wall walks (from side & front)

Wall extensions from side

Hip extensions, seated toe stretch,

depth jumps,

triple clap pushups? :wink:

Weighted Killers,

OH Lunge..

Also maybe a more updated wrist routine?