ring muscle up question

Started by ilove2workout28, July 22, 2011 · 1 Replies · 2,113 Views

ilove2workout28

i got my first few ring muscle ups the other day with very little, if not NO kipping (my rings hang from a doorway pull up bar about 6 feet high). I was kind of doing the false grip the wrong way(didn't have a full grip around the ring). I did 4 altogether, but the last one was extremely difficult, and i struggled near the middle to top of the movement and nailed it. My shoulders are very sore now (haven't been this sore in years), not pain like i hurt it, just very sore. is it possible that the last rep which i struggled for, for about 5+ seconds has something to do with the soreness?

Falcon
ilove2workout28 said:
i got my first few ring muscle ups the other day with very little, if not NO kipping (my rings hang from a doorway pull up bar about 6 feet high). I was kind of doing the false grip the wrong way(didn't have a full grip around the ring). I did 4 altogether, but the last one was extremely difficult, and i struggled near the middle to top of the movement and nailed it. My shoulders are very sore now (haven't been this sore in years), not pain like i hurt it, just very sore. is it possible that the last rep which i struggled for, for about 5+ seconds has something to do with the soreness?

If you're not strong in dips, then yes, DOMS can occur.