Hi everyone. I’ve been reading posts at the forum here for about two years now, but this is my first post.
Like a number of other posters, I started working exercises from the GB book, and though initially achieved good results in positions like the planche, I eventually stalled out. I’ve “reset†a couple of times, starting over with the SSC at frog stand and progressing through the advanced frog stand and finally ending up at about 10s tuck planche before I stall out.
Of course, as I’ve read more and more of older posts and as I’ve re-read the book and some of Coach Sommer’s comments, I’ve realized that I’ve missed some very fundamental steps. I pretty much started from the beginning working planche and FL positions, meanwhile neglecting L-sit, BL, and handstand work...all of which I’ve now learned are crucial building blocks.
So, after going back and working the fundamental exercises in steady state cycles, this is my current stage for L-sit, BL, and HS.
L-sit with hands on two chairs and bent knees 1x60s,
L-sit w/ straight legs below horizontal 3x20s
BL flat tuck 3x30s
HS with back to the wall 3x40s
So here’s the question I wanted to ask. In another post, Coach said that he felt that a person should have a solid 3x30s L-sit on the floor before even starting planche work.
So am I wasting my time to continue working tuck planche SSC while I build up L-sit to the 3x30s on the floor requirement? Should i just cease planche SSC and perhaps just work PPPU and planche leans instead?
I realize these questions are sometimes difficult to answer without knowing the person’s full training methods, so If i need to be more specific, tell me how. Any help would be most appreciated.
All the Best,
Martin