My new favorite breakfast

Started by Wheelson, July 22, 2011 · 2 Replies · 2,392 Views

Wheelson

Protein pancakes!

A little dry if you cook them too long, but here's the recipe I found

PROTEIN WAFFLE / PANCAKES

1 c (4 scoops) VANILLA PROTEIN powder, whey or soy, or rice or veggie (22gram or more per scoop)

1 egg

1/2 c water

1/4 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp vanilla

Mix thoroughly and makes 6-8 pancakes or 2 waffles.

OVER 60 g OF PROTEIN PER WAFFLE - LESS THAN 6 CARBS and

18-24 g PROTEIN PER PANCAKE - LESS THAN 2 CARBS !!!

VARIATIONS:

1/2 tsp cinammon

2 tsps pecans, macadamia nuts

1/4 c sliced apples or mashed bananas (or one scoop of banana whey with 3 scoops of vanilla whey)

I've been eating Paleo for a few months and something that even resembled a pancake just made me very happy

AND I started trying to undergo fat adaption the other day, so this is definitely a good bulking food that'll help me drop weight

Samuel Carr

It seems like eating that much whey protein all at once tho will be too much for the body to process and the majority will just go to waste....

Wheelson

I usually halve the recipe into two scoops of whey. I use two scoops for my PWO shake, so if it's going to waste here it's going to waste then as well, so I doubt it is completely wasted. Besides, there's no such things as %100 efficiency digesting any food, so I'm OK with it. I also use almond butter to slow absorption.