Trigger Points

Started by Bruno Cochofel, July 20, 2011 · 3 Replies · 2,404 Views

Bruno Cochofel

Hi, I start reading the book:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trigger-Point-T ... 478&sr=8-2

and I'm really amazed about all that information.

Does anyone here as practical experience using these trigger points that wants to share?

I'm also trying to find more info about Gua Sha..

Thx,

Bruno

Samuel Carr

I used to get trigger point massages pretty often but it got too expensive. It definitely improved my posture, form, and took away knots I had. I've been recently using lacrosse balls and watching youtube videos to do my own soft tissue work and it seems to be having similar effects if done for long enough and in the right places. The only thing negative I have to say about it is that everything i read about trigger point work and the numerous benefits from so called experts seems to be overstated and they view at as a type of "cure-all" when really it's just part of the picture

Cole Dano

I have to agree with element3904, i had a big trigger point phase a couple of years back, but in the final analysis, found it to be only somewhat helpful, and the theory behind it is questioned by many i respect in the pain management field.

That said, anything that gets you into your body, and working on the issues will increase your knowledge, and help trigger mechanisms that do the actual job. So on a practical level, the trigger point workbook is a reasonable and inexpensive starting point, it was my first book on the subject.

Just don't buy all the hype, explore what's going on, don't be too concerned with exactly where the 'red dots' are.

Bruno Cochofel

thx you all...

I also wanto to learn a bit more about Gua Sha, I believe slizzardman talked about it but I can seen to find what books he reffers.

At least I will learn a bit more about my body and muscular place and names. :-)