I started writing this under the "Amazing videos of 70 year old German gymnast" thread, but then realized that the closing question would do better as a separate topic.
Edit: And then, realizing I was missing the point I changed the question.
I had an athletic epiphany last May. I went climbing in Indian Creek (Utah), where I met Jim Donini, a legend in the climbing world (first ascents in Patagonia some time back). At 69, he still leads 5.11 (and the occasional 5.12) and spends a lot of time exploring the desert with his younger friend Jay Smith (60 and also a 5.11/5.12 climber) and some younger disciples. Until I met him, I felt pretty smug to be able to top rope up to 5.10+ (mostly thanks to my gymnasticbodies type training). To put it in gymnasticbodies terms: for a 5.10+ toproper being able to lead a 5.11/5.12 is akin to being able to do a free XR handstand press (and, on a good day, lowering into a planche) if you can do a shoulder stand with short straps and plenty of ceiling assist. So, have you ever had an athletic epiphany? Of course that can range from this indescribable feeling you had when, on the beach, you noticed your girlfriend lovingly looking at you pecs, to the sun breaking through the clouds when you finally nailed your 5 sec. extended tuck planche in your backyard. And by the way, as a matter of curiosity, how many 5.11/5.12 climbers do we have here among our esteemed forum regulars. Breaks, maybe?