This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110719

Started by Coach Sommer, July 19, 2011 · 9 Replies · 1,957 Views

Coach Sommer

Complete the following:

3 sets of: MU to BL, pullout to FL, lower to hang, MU to XR L-sit, 2 Dip to XR L-sit, press to shoulder stand, press out to XR Support Hold, roll backward to BL, FL

5x15 seconds FL

5x15 seconds XR Strap HS

5x15 seconds German Hang

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.

notes:

1) Do not rest during the Ring strength series.

2) The MU to BL is performed by executing a MU to just over the transition and then lowering with control down into a back lever. Note that it is necessary to press the shoulders forward during the descent into BL in order to maintain the correct balance. The body position of the BL may be modified as needed to accommodate your current strength levels.

3) If necessary, the MU to BL may be scaled down by performing a MU to support and then rolling backward to the BL.

4) All MUs should be performed with an emphasis on strength; keeping the kipping minimized or preferably eliminated all together. Be especially conscientious in locking your arms and turning out the rings at the top of each repetition

5) For the Dips to XR L-sit, perform a regular straight body XR Dip during the descent and then finish the ascent of the XR with the legs in an XR L-sit.

6) Progressions for developing the XR shoulder stand are found in the Basic Ring Strength 3 essay.

7) Rest at least 3-5 minutes between ring strength sets.

8 ) Complete all 3 sets of the ring strength series prior to beginning the static hold position sets.

9) Perform the static hold sets as a single giant set; perform a set of FL, then move immediately to the XR Strap HS and then move immediately to the German Hang.

10) A short rest (30-60 sec) is allowed during the static hold positions work only after a single giant set has been completed.

Falcon

Perfect! I wanted to do ring series today, so I'll do the WOD. The XR HS will be very interesting in my little room :shock:

I'll edit in the scale down and results.

3 sets of: MU to BL, pullout to FL, lower to hang, MU to XR L-sit, 2 Dip to XR L-sit, press to shoulder stand, press out to XR Support Hold, roll backward to BL, FL

5x15 seconds FL

5x15 seconds XR Strap HS

5x15 seconds German Hang

2x10 wall extensions

MU to BL was tragic, what can I say...

I've managed to lose my false grip twice during the routine, great. Still, I dont know how to hold an inverted hang with FG.

XR Strap HS, kinda scary for me as I was doing it for the first time.

LIE

Wu

Shoulder routine and active dynamic stretching

3set of

MU to BL, pullout to FL, lower to hang(reposition my grip while still hanging,i lost my false grip), MU to XR L-sit, 2 Dip to XR L-sit, press to shoulder stand(straddle) press out to XR Support Hold, roll backward to BL, FL

All lever work in straddle.

5set of:

5x15 seconds FL tuck adv

5x15 seconds XR Strap HS

5x15 seconds German Hang

2x10 wall ext

Shoulder,wrist mobility and static stretch

Josh Schmitter

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD: Skipped rings again as the Dy Pull yesterday killed my grip.

-5 sets 3 chair dips/4 pull ups-1:40 rest between each

-Lower Leg Prehab

5x15

-Tuck L-sit hang

-XR support hold

-German(10s full, 5s foot assist)

2x10 Wall Ext.

Newguy

Done! Whewh! :)

Alex Solis

Is it okay if I substitute the rings series for Basic Ring Strength 1? I don't think I can do the Ring Series of today :cry:

Mark Wyly

Oooooohhhhh my poooiir biceps! ! OUCH! but great wod. Thnx coach.

Alex Solis

Completed:

3 sets of: jumping MU, then go to inverted then to BL, pullout to FL, lower to hang, jumping MU to XR L-sit, 2 Dip to XR L-sit, press to shoulder stand(couldn't do it), press out to XR Support Hold, roll backward to BL, FL

(all the levers were tuck)

5x15 seconds FL

5x15 seconds Wall HS

5x15 seconds German Hang

Finished the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.

I scaled down a lil' bit but it was a good workout! :lol:

Wheelson

RoqSPnd5ctU

My first video

this is the third set of the workout. I've been catching up on my WOD's and this may be my fifth day in a row, so I'll be in need of a day or two off after this one.

I never knew how far forward I lean for the dip portion of a muscle up!!!

kwesty92

Since pulling is a strength of mine, decided to remove yesterday's pulling workout, do ring series instead and leave tuesday for legs. Here was yesterday's workout.

Shoulder/scapula warmup

Wrist routine

WOD:

3 sets of: MU to tuck BL, pullout to adv. tuck FL, lower to hang, stand briefly to readjust false grip, MU to XR L-sit, 2 Dip to XR L-sit, press to shoulder stand, press out to XR Support Hold, roll backward to tuck BL, straddle/adv. tuck FL

5x15 seconds adv. tuck FL

5x15 seconds planche leans

5x15 seconds German Hang