German Hang - Proper Shoulder & Head Position

Started by u3er, July 17, 2011 · 2 Replies · 3,263 Views

u3er

Hi everyone,

After reading much about the proper scapula/shoulder positions applied during Planche and Front Lever training (which unfortunately I came to realize that I have been doing improperly!), I am now very curious about proper position during German Hangs as well.

Specifically, during the most extended portion of a German Hang, are the shoulders supposed to be externally rotated (shoulders back, scapula tight, with broad chest) OR internally rotated (shoulders forward, scapula spread, with chest tight). Is this clear enough? Also, should I strive to maintain a neutral upright head position or is it okay to look towards the ground?

I have been experiencing some pinching of my scapula over my first rib (I have some disfunction there that needs some working!), so I want to make sure my form is correct.

Thank you in advance!

Blairbob

Looking forward is preferred but a lot of this will depend on how low you can hang.

u3er

Thanks for your input Blairbob,

I'm still very interested in proper scapula alignment. Any takers??

Thanks,

A.J.