This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110715

Started by Coach Sommer, July 15, 2011 · 7 Replies · 2,108 Views

Coach Sommer

K7DaRCQh0lY

Perform:

1x10 Cast Wall Walks

1x5 Pike Box Press HS

1x10 Straddle Box Press HS

12 cycles of XR Strap HS

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Rest 1-2 minutes between Press HS sets.

2) If Cast Wall Walks are insufficiently challenging, you may perform PL Wall Walks instead. The key difference between these two variations is that the hands will remain behind the shoulders at all times during the descent and ascent of the PL Walks, whereas in the Cast Wall Walks the hands are directly under the shoulders.

3) Remember to adjust the height as necessary during the Box Press HS variations to ensure that the presses are sufficiently challenging.

4) If you cannot press to HS, then press to HeS.

5) If you are strong enough, replace the Box Press HS variations with Press HS from an L-sit on parallets or PBs.

6) If you exceptionally strong, perform the Press HS variations on the XR.

7) Rest 3-5 minutes after completing all of the Press HS work and then begin the XR Strap HS.

8 ) Each XR Strap HS cycle consists of 30 work followed by 45 seconds of rest. Go directly from one cycle to the next with no additional rest.

9) DO NOT come down during the 30 seconds of HS. If you do come down, that cycle does not count towards your total of 12 cycles.

10) To perform XR Strap HS drop your Xtreme Rings down to 6â€-8†from the ground. Now kick up into a handstand widely straddling your legs so that they wrap around the straps. Straighten and lock your arms as much as possible and begin timing your HS.

11) The XR Strap HS can be made much more physically demanding by placing your feet along the inside of the straps rather than wrapping your legs around the straps. The intensity can be further increased by ensuring that your elbows are completely locked and straight.

12) If XR Strap HSs are currently too demanding, perform Wall HS instead; although every effort should be made to complete the workout with XR Strap HS.

LIE

Wu

Wrist preparation, shoulder n elbow preparation

1x10 cww

1x5 wall pike press

1x10 wall straddle press (4,4,2)

12 cycle wall handstand (30work, 45rest)......this cycle really kill my shoulder...

The 1st 10 cycle I place my fingers forward..elbow locked I feel a lot tension in my tricep...and the last 2 cycle I place my fingers to the side and elbow locked, my question is...why do I feel a lot stronger in this position...?

Thank you guys.

2x10 wrist push up

Reece Nugent

12) If XR Strap HSs are currently too demanding, perform Wall HS instead; although every effort should be made to complete the workout with XR Strap HS.

Coach, Iv found another progression is to do Box XR HS, lower the rings to near the floor, then put your feet onto a box. As you get stronger increase the height of the box. I started on a box waist height, and now the box is almost head height to where I can transfer my legs onto the straps.

At the moment I do headstand presses, raising my head on blocks as i get stronger,when do you go from doing Headstand presses to Handstand wall negatives? straight away? or as soon as your strong enough to do a slow negative?

Josh Schmitter

Wrist Routine(minus wrist pushups)

FSP Pre-req warmup

WOD:

5x2 CWW/2min rest(starting at push up position)

1x5 Pike Press HeS/2min

1x10 Straddle Press HeS/5min

Lower Leg Prehab

Stomach to Wall HS: Wrist 4.5" away from wall

2x6 cycles 30s on/1min rest

1x10 wrist push on knees

Repeat x1

-This felt really good since the last time. I was debating on doing box HeSPU position and doing all 12 cycles in a row, but I fig'd this would be better as actually working the HS position.

-I thought my wrists were a lot closer to the wall at first, but when I took into account the toe-kick and the quarter round, it adds about 1.5" ...blast :)

Nugget said:
Coach, Iv found another progression is to do Box XR HS, lower the rings to near the floor, then put your feet onto a box. As you get stronger increase the height of the box. I started on a box waist height, and now the box is almost head height to where I can transfer my legs onto the straps.

Excellent :) I was thinking the same thing when I got there...thanks for the reassurance in advance.

Newguy

Done! Although no one was able to spot me on the ring HS's, so they were prolly horribly arched, as I was really tired and had to wrap my feet around the straps to stay up! On the bright side my pressing strength is getting better, I was able to do 4 pike press's from the ground before I had to cheat. And since I did not have room I just did jump assisted pike presses with negatives instead of straddle :(

Josh Schmitter
Bdk1786 said:
im sorry, but shouldn't you lower the height of the box as you get stronger? increasing the height will only close the gap between your feet and your final vertical HS position, making it easier.

I believe he's referring to the actual HS ring cycles, not the presses.

Alex Solis

Done! Whoo! This was one of the hardest WODs I've ever done!

I had to scale waaaay down this time. :? I'm getting desperate, my shoulder girdle is the weakest shoulder girdle I've ever known.

Did:

Shoulder Basic Rom (Ido's routine)

Front Lever - tuck

L-sit - XR

Back Lever - tuck

(8x 8 seconds all of the above)

1x10 Cast Wall Walks (taking several pauses)

1x5 Pike Box Press HeS

1x10 Straddle Box Press HeS

... and now the embarassing part...

10 cycles of Wall HS (back to wall) falling several times prior to completing the 30 seconds. :cry:

By the time I got to the 10th cycle I had an excruciating pain on my wrists!

Finished with 2x10 Wrist Pushups on knees (which felt like heaven!)

Do you guys think that I scaled down too much? :oops:

Newguy

No, especially if your wrists had a hard time.