Finally got around to joining the site after lurking for a while. As this is my first post, I'd like to say a big thank you to the regular contributors; you're advice has been invaluable. Searching through old posts almost always uncovers a mine of information, so I've not had cause to ask a question until now.
After reading several posts on pre-requisites I see that achieving 3x60s arch holds is recommended before starting back lever training. I'm currently training 3x30s arch holds twice a week. What makes these really tough for me is that my shoulder flexibility is poor (I'm working on that too, but progress is slow). After a short period of time I really have to fight to keep my shoulders open and eventually my hands droop to the floor. I tried an arch hold yesterday on a table, so that there was nothing under my arms, and could hold this for 60s no problem. So what I'm asking is, is this cheating? Is this pre-requisite just about lower back strength (which I think in my case is adequate), or would it be beneficial to build up the active shoulder flexibility to be able to do the 3x60s holds on the floor?