Hi all,
Not sure what hurt my wrists six months ago but I think my left wrist was hurt around the ulnar bone due to trying to do wrist pushups on my knees too quickly and both my wrists developed pain over time from too much axial loading from trying to do frogstands,lsits and handstands during the WOD's. Obviousily I wasn't prepared correctly to handle it. Well I've laid off all exercises with my hands on the floor and have only done wrist pushups on the wall for six months and my wrists are finally feeling better. I can now hold a false grip hang again with no pain. The problem is my wrists are still weak when I do anything with hands on the floor,even reverse plank.
Are wrist pushups the ideal exercise to stregthen the wrist for axial loading? doing them on the wall I feel the pressure on my ulnar part of my wrist so im alittle afraid to move to knees with these since I can finally do false grip hangs again. Are there any other exercises to help with axial loading wrist strength other than slowly introducing the moves like lsits and reverse planks into my workout again? Any help would be appreciated. I want to do this right this time. thanks in advance
Phil