Nutrition help in korea?

Started by juliusoh, July 11, 2011 · 7 Replies · 2,636 Views

juliusoh

Hi guys I am currently in Korea for 2 months to train breakdancing.

The food here mainly consists of rice,noodles, vegetables and small portions of meat.

If you guys can gladly help me what I could eat to maintain a healthy strong light-weight body I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

chingyvang

Isn't Korean food full of seafood? Maybe that's Japanese food....umm I've had some bomb azz Korean kebab before so maybe try those. Or you can always have seafood noodles or Korean BBQ yummmy

juliusoh

alright

i just bought cans of tuna and chicken breasts

im just eating a bowl of rice and either protein for my meals lmao... so bland

Freeflyer

Get as many veggies as you can in your meals. A small to medium size portion of rice will probably be fine (as long as you don't have bad insulin resistance). Try to get double portions of meat or fish. Pretty much meat/fish and veggies with some rice and you will be fine. I would stay away from the noodles though. Also avoid any sugary sauces. I am not too familiar with korean food so I am just assuming different asian foods in general.

juliusoh

Thats so hard my insulin resistance is weak hahaha

juliusoh

and Hey dude why do i need so much protein?

because if i become heavy my moves will become harder to do..

and if i limit carbohydrate i cannot practice with more energy and longer...

Freeflyer

If you have shitty insulin resistance then those carbs are more likely going to become fat than energy. And you can perform quite well on a fairly limited amount of carbs. Just up the saturated and monounsaturated fats. They supply abundant amounts of energy and have the advantage of not triggering an insulin release.

Extra protein doesn't mean you will get heavier either... nor does more muscle you will be less agile or flexible.

Im not telling you to get rid of carbs, or eat only protein, just eat a balanced diet and stay away from processed shit (this includes most all non-sprouted grains). It might not be the most optimal environment for eating healthy or for performance, but you can still make it work for you.

juliusoh

Alright thanks! Balanced meal is the way to go haha