This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110711

Started by Coach Sommer, July 11, 2011 · 5 Replies · 1,844 Views

Coach Sommer

Complete 3 sets each:

1 Embedded BL + 5 Tempo FL Rows

1 Embedded XR L-sit + 5 Tempo XR PPP Plus

1 Embedded FL + 5 Tempo HLL V to L

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

notes:

1) Warm-up by performing 2-3 easier Row/Pushup variations prior to beginning your working sets. The variations used should initially begin with one that is quite easy and then get progressively more difficult from warm-up set to warm-up set.

2) NOTE: When scaling always adjust the difficulty of the FBE so that you will be able to maintain the correct tempo, sets and reps as designated in that day’s GB WOD.

3) Choose a body position for the embedded static strength variation that allows you to hold the position for 15 seconds per rep.

4) Focus on maintaining completely locked, straight elbows at all times during the XR L-sits. You may adjust the position of the legs as necessary.

5) Rest 10-20 seconds between the embedded static and the subsequent exercise. Rest 1-2 minutes in between giant sets.

6) Use a tempo of 232 for today’s FBEs. For the XR PPP Plus, this equates to a 2 second descent, followed by a 3 second pause at the bottom, then a 2 second ascent.

7) Add weight as necessary to the FBEs to make them challenging for 5 repetitions at the required tempo.

8 ) You may scale the workout as necessary by substituting another exercise from the same movement family as necessary.

9) DO NOT skip the Bridge Wall Walks at the end of the Workout.

LIE

Wu

Shoulder mobility

Xr push up

Xr row

3 set of

Embedded straddle bl,5tempo adv tuck fl

Embedded xr lsit, 5tempo xr ppp

Embedded adv tuck fl, 5tempo hll v to L

1x10 bridge wall walk

Josh Schmitter

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req warmup

WOD:3 sets each/2min rest

15s German Hang(10s full, 5s foot assist)/5 tempo Foot sup. Rows(160ish degree body angle to floor)

15s Lsit PB low/5 tempo regular push ups

-HLL were kinda a mess. Tried the V to L with a tuck, couldn't do that with tempo. Did just regular tuck, with a 15s hanging L tuck for the static after. I feel like I'm using my arms way to much in these as my grip always gives out way before my abs/hip flexors/etc.

10 Bridge wall walks, almost to the floor.

-Was hoping my rows would be parallel to the floor by now, but not for tempo by any means. Going to start a workout log soon...tired of writing everything down twice as well as in a notebook :).

Squatchy

WU:

rows from rings, heels on floor + pushups on rings

rows (elevated) + pushups (elevated)

rows (extra elevation) + pushups on rings (elevated)

3 sets

BL (half lay) > back pull (flat tuck) + 5 tempo FL rows (flat tuck and tuck)

3 sets

start at the bottom of a deep dip, press up > L-sit > lower down to bottom of deep dip + 5 tempo XR PPP (couldn't get the +, haha)

3sets

half crank (flat tuck) to FL + 5 tempo HLL (semi tuck on the way up as high as I could go, then straight leg on the hold and negative)

finished with 10 BWW's

(Rest was about 20s between statics and FBE, and 2 mins between each set.)

Squatchy
TANSTAAFL said:

-HLL were kinda a mess. Tried the V to L with a tuck, couldn't do that with tempo. Did just regular tuck, with a 15s hanging L tuck for the static after. I feel like I'm using my arms way to much in these as my grip always gives out way before my abs/hip flexors/etc.

Yeah they can be tough on the grip. I don't know what your setup is like, but it can help make them more effective if you have something behind your shoulders when doing HLL's. You can get someone to stand behind you with their hands pushing slightly against your shoulders to make sure they don't go back. Since I have my rings hanging from a doorway pullup bar (and I dont have access to stall bars), I put a stick through the rings and lower them so the stick hits around my shoulders when I'm hanging from the pullup bar. The stick is long enough that it catches the door frame on each side, keeping it from moving back. Works pretty well :D

Josh Schmitter

I can't believe I never thought of that, ha. I actually have 2 pullup bars, one of which I can close the door behind it and use that for some support, but I imagine the stick setup is more like stall bars as it puts your hands slightly behind the body line. I guess my main issue is not pulling down with the arms. I've read that it should be totally using abs/core, so I feel like when my grip gets wiped so fast, I'm using too much of my arms. Thanks again.