Seiji said:FutureisNow said:is not just a science but an arthIZhgLKSBaY
Ok, I'll bite. It's an interesting clip.
I think Dr. Feynman is referring to the underlying order and depth of nature that science can
bring out in his comment. I don't think one can argue that because nature has this quality, what people create must. A BMW Z4 (pick your car) may be beautiful on the whole, but is the the nut that holds the hood to the body frame? If it was not created with an artistic spirit, then it is just functional. It is great that it works, and it might mess up the beauty of the car if it didn't (while driving at any rate), but I would not say it is beautiful in itself. It is just a overpriced bolt
.
To be honest, I personally find gymastics less artistic than many forms of dancing which allow greater freedom of expression. Gymnastics is more structured. It is focused on almost mechanical precision. I have generally thought that the art is in putting together movements in a precise, smooth flowing fashion. Is this art, or perhaps just a smooth succession of tricks that does not require an artistic mentality at all?
if I were a gymnast I would know the answer to this question. But I don't so I am probably not ![]()