Hi, I'm starting to increase the amount of endurance training in my routine and to do that, I've been doing sprint/walk intervals on the old treadmill that I have, as sprints seem to be the most "bang for your buck" exercise in endurance (or at least close).
The best case scenario that I can think of would be having access to a hill for hill sprints, but since there is no such thing around here, I'm looking for alternative, but equally potent, exercises. Can anyone suggest any?
I've done KB swings but I really don't understand how they are considered great endurance exercises. I always stress of the muscular endurance of my lower back and legs waaaaay more than my cardiovascular system. I'm thinking about mixing in some 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off, some 1 minute on, 45 seconds off, 3 minutes on, 1 minute off, etc. Intervals over a broad range of times.
Thanks! ![]()