Coming back from a 4 day camping trip I had steak, white rice and sunny D for breakfast. Waited 1-2 hour then jogged across the street to go do some dips at the playground. And my arms were failing and lactic aciding before I can even finish my first 8 reps. I had to lengthen my in between set rest to about 2-3 minutes. On my last set, I can only do 4 proper dips before my arms completely failed. So what happened? The camping trip killed my arms or the improper breakfast? Just to let you know I ate nothing but trout and steak while camping.
Arms Fail before my Chest does.......Poor Nutrition?
Started by chingyvang, July 7, 2011 · 5 Replies · 2,700 Views
What so bad about your breakfast?
It could be the acidity of what you're eating causing the lactic acid to be compounded (steak and trout is usually acidic, as with most/all meat). I could be wrong though, I am no food scientist, however I am going into Food Sciences this fall for University
.
I would say just rest for a few days and don't worry about it, everybody has days where they fall back a bit on their exercises. Just think of taking one step back and two steps forward.
Thanks guys ^
No warmup, 4 days of not training.
My strength levels when properly warmed up and just hopping on are re markedly different.
Blairbob said:No warmup, 4 days of not training.My strength levels when properly warmed up and just hopping on are re markedly different.
Thanks y'all ^