I train my pecs using traditional bodybuilding 3 sets of 6-8 reps 1-2 minute rest between each set. But I train my shoulders using straight arm holds and would like to know if the rest time between each sets should be different from bodybuilding? I am training my shoulder for size and heard a few coaches here mention only about 20-30 seconds rests. I use a 2-3 minute rest for my shoulders so I would like to know if my rest periods need change to maximize shoulder size
How long Rest between each Set? (straight arm holds)
Started by chingyvang, July 7, 2011 · 1 Replies · 2,055 Views
Well what exercises are you doing? You should probably be doing 3 sets of about 6-8 reps if you want maximal size. You shouldn't really need to rest more then about 1-2 mins as far as I know. If you rest too long then its more about maximal strength. There is some "peak time" or something but you'll have to ask someone like slizz about that I cbf looking it up haha.
Rev